Re: Dodgy Dentists

Posted By:
Date:

> Just wondered if anyone else has had issues with the new dentists in town
> at Wallingford House. I was duped into joining them as an NHS patient ,
> but all they try to do is charge me privately saying this isn't covered,
> that isn't covered. A friend of mine has had the same problem whats going
> on are they NHS or not?
my daughter went to see them,as she had a toothache for a few days,she was charged nearly £75,and given a list of work she "needed" to have done, which amounted to nearly £400.her last dentist,which she saw about 14 months ago,said there was nothing wrong with her teeth,no holes,no problems, and lo and behold, this lot say she has cavities and needs extensive fillings. i'm no dentist, but surely your teeth dont deteriorate THAT quickly. needless to say, she didnt go back and have the work done that they recommended,and we are looking for another dentist.if we don't find one,i think we, and many more others, will just not bother,as i dont think they can be trusted. years ago, while i was pregnant,i had fabulous teeth, no fillings, nothing, then, when i had to pay for any treatment, i suddenly had to have x-rays,4 fillings,and a possible extraction. very strange.i also took my son to WH,and was told when he came again and his teeth needed cleaning,he would have to go to the hygienist and i'd have to pay.i think someone needs to investigate this set up,otherwise people in wallingford are going to be ripped off big time.

Messages In This Thread